Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I completed 1 year with BrickRed

Yesterday I woke up in the morning overhearing a little discussion between my elder brother and a delivery boy at door. Actually my company had sent a buquet and greeting cards for me on the occasion of completing one year with the company.

I wanted to share my one year summary yesterday only but I got now that to share due to certain unavoidable things.

I was hired for an Upload Module for a client dealing in Mortgage domain. The idea behind the project was to get the data from various users/clients/financial instutions in their specific format having their own schemas to be uploaded in an uniform database schema of the vendor. I was told to provide a smart client as well as scheduled windows services using FTP pickup solution. It was very exciting opportunity. I enjoyed it alongwith my manager and another team member. The main chunk was to write SQL to upload data in various tables with all robust mechanism like Transactions, Errors, Reportings, Queues, Recycling etc..
My Manger was thinking very seriously to make it as a product. I played a lot in windows services and Quartz.NET as well. It was a nice assignment and the best at that time :).

Next I worked on a similar assignment for aviation domain. But this time data was coming in hetrogenous file formats. So I was told to write parsers and use .NET reflection to load parser's assemply at runtime. as this time database used was Oracle 10g. So it was nice to work in Array based method counterpart to BCP in SQL server. I got a true experience writing stored procedures and managing other objects in Oracle 10g. I got some DBA experience as well ;).

Next I was awarded with another assignment for BPMS (Business Process Management System) suite. I was told to write components for that and certain pages on MVP model. The client was using their proprietary tool for ORM. Apart from the technical stuff, It's mentioning a worth here that I learnt a little Spanish too because client was from Argentina. And people there were not very good in English... thanks Google Translation and that girl from client side ;) she helped me in learning .... gracias!!

Next I was given a Reporting services assignment for a big company. I already mentioned about the project in a previous blog.


Currently I am working for loyalty based client. I hope I' ll invest my good and quality time for this project for a certain good amount of time. I have been working on short term assignments where lots of technical versatilities/intricacies were involved.
..........Looking forward to utilize my best for upcoming assignments... Thanks to the people I worked with : )

Best Regards
Sudhir

1 comment:

  1. Congrates Sudhir,
    and wish u all the best with brickRed.
    really u have done wonderfull project.
    from manish

    ReplyDelete

Followers